Monday, September 27, 2004

Is Life Challenging ? Or are we trying to chalenge Life ?

"Man is a pendulum between a smile and a tear" -- Bryon

The above phrase says it all !!! The ability to change a tear to a smile is what makes life challenging , but by trying to hide a tear with a smile are we trying to challenge life ?. Phrases are used easily but how often do we realise the true meaning of them?. There are times when we smile, times when we cry , but there are also times when we cover our sorrow in form of smiles , or in other words cover the truth in form of lies.Why do we do it ? Whom are we trying to deceive? Are we trying to run away from the truth instead of facing it or are we in need of solitude? why does it become difficult when we have to share our sorrows and pains. Is it confusion or ignorance, or is it just pretence.

For me experience speaks .. There were times when I have smiled, there were times when I have cried my heart out , but the times when I had to hide my sadness with a smile are just infinite. Yes it was difficult for me, But it made the atmosphere around me easy. No , I was not deceiving myself, nor was I trying to run away from the truth nor was I seeking solitide. But I still have no answer why I do it. They all know me, they think im very happy, they can see my carefree attitude, but is my heavy heart beating within visible or my sore mind confused and tense, seen? I know It aint good to supress the agony deep within.. I try to make my woes flow out to the world, and share my sorrow for my comfort.. but then a thought lingers deep within ... what am I trying to do? What right do I have to spoil their happiness with my troubles? why should I steal their smiles to wipe my tears? Why am I spreading the eerieness of my woes in the euphoric atmosphere around me? They all look so happy or are they too being like me .. covering the truth in form of lies ... hiding the agony with a smile? huh !!! I am back to square one .. I guess its just that we all are in search of eternal bliss although we all know that it aint that easy !!!

There are some questions that are best left unanswered !

No comments: