Tuesday, June 09, 2009

repentance

"Every soul will taste of death. And ye will be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which ye have fairly earned. Whoso is removed from the Fire and is made to enter paradise, he indeed is triumphant. The life of this world is but comfort of illusion"(Glorious Quran 3:185)

Older as I get, another year does pass by,
Another year closer to facing the Judgement of the most High!
Looking back, at the days that were mine, I see
What Ive done to those years, what has happened to me.

I need to account for all the mistakes Ive made,
In moments of joy and sorrow, I haven't prayed.
Sinned and lied and cheated, with no fears,
Forgive me, Oh The Most Merciful, I now shed tears.

An accused anguishes anticipating the sentence, he might be convicted,
He cant afford even a smile, until he's sure hes acquitted.
A few good deeds, a lot bad ones, I stand with an unclean slate,
Anticipating His judgement, how can I celebrate?

There's still time to better in life's biggest test,
But its only until Im laid to rest.
Hope to make it a deserving next year,
Gratitude for HIS Bounties - and for my sins a many repentful tear.

To submit my will to You, Oh my Creator, I strive,
Show me the straight path with every step of life.
The path of those whom Thou Hast favoured, thier way,
Not of those who earn thine anger nor of those who go astray.

Wake up, before it gets too dark,
Plan ahead - It wasnt raining when Noah built the ark.

No comments: